On behalf of Koelnmesse, an international jury curates the designs submitted by design students and young designers from all over the world and nominates up to ten designs, which will be presented to an international audience as 1:1 prototypes.
- Innovative character
- Level of the overall aesthetics
- Choice of the materials
- Level of ecological quality/safety (DIN norms, etc.)
- Usability in a family sense (children and adults can use the same product)
- Ergonomics (type of use)
- Durability of the products (quality)
- Usability/diverse usages (place of usage)
- Suitability for children (playing fun, versatility, flexibility)
The ten nominees will present their prototypes personally to the jury, tentatively two days before the trade fair. In this final round, the jury will select the winner of the Kids-Design-Award 2017 and also the sponsors will get a first impression for awarding the advancement award.